Friday, August 10, 2012

Just too easy...

Just a quickie before tonight's class, a comment on Wednesday's...

Ever run into a technique that as you try it a few times you think to yourself, "No way...no way this works. How have I not seen this before?" Just to discover that yep, it works. And it works at 100% against a resisting opponent. This happened for me with a half-guard pass tonight. This, along with the side control escapes I learned really seem to be clicking and have improved my game this week.

Now, hear me, when I say "improved" I don't mean by much but I can notice it takes blue belts longer to submit me than it did, say...a month ago.

This was me then..."No, no! Don't hurt me!!


 Most likely I won't submit them and they eventually will get me or time will run out but it's not CONSTANT tapping.

I happy with this progression. It's making my defense much better (comment that was made by Blue Belt J that kicks my ass) and making me more comfortable escaping mount, back mount, side control, etc. If I can get relaxed in those positions I'll be able to progress with my attacks at a later date. Hopefully...

Tonight's open mat so expect me to come back and admit I've learning nothing after being throttled all night. See you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment